Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Filesharing programs

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ScottMoore's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2004
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know this is off topic but it seems like there's a few techies on the board. Any opinions on file sharing programs? Used to use Kazaa, but there's gotta be something better with respect to corrupt files, viruses, spyware, adware and the like. I've heard some good things about Suprnova and Dc++. Anyone else? What about Bearshare or some of the others? What are you guys using?

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ December 21, 2004 11:57 AM: Message edited by: ScottMoore ]</font>

  2. #2
    Kematter
    Guest Kematter's Avatar

    Post

    SoulSeek is the best I have found also. I have a lot of SD live stuff I have accumulted over the past few months. Just be careful on what files you chose to share. You have to be specific. Some people aren't & you can download their whole desktop, program files etc.....which can happen to you if you don't share say your music files specifically.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member no_tomorrow_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    77
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use Soulseek, I've found lots of Social D stuff on it. It seems to work the best out of all the stuff I've tried. However I just got a new computer a few months ago and I'm not sure I have the best virus protection right now so I need to fix that... I don't want this one getting all screwed up.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member B2R's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 1st, 2004
    Posts
    199
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    soulseek is what I use and its decent I find pretty much everything Im looking for in time

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Agent5556's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been thinking about limewire or bittorrent...but I have not really gotten into it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member joshroush's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2003
    Posts
    591
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heard good things about bearshare, but I dont use P2P programs anymore, its to easy for the company that makes it (or anyone downloading off you) to slip in a trojan or even a straight up virus.

    Kazaa used to be a great program untill they sold out to some corporation, then thats when all the advertising and pop ups started to fuck with systems.

    I draw the line at IM sharing now. And while im on the topic, Soulseek is nice, but it doesnt neccessarily have to be the program that gives you the virus, some sites you are on can sense that you have that back door on your comp and use that to plant the virus.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner KingOfFools's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2002
    Posts
    696
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I used to use Kazzaa Lite (no spyware or pop ups), but too often the files are bogus (planted by the record companies and the RIAA). I've had good success with SoulSeek lately though. Just make sure to have some good anti-virus programs running and spyware blockers to be on the safe side - a good idea whether you're sharing files or not.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sick_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2004
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Agent5556:
    I have been thinking about limewire or bittorrent...but I have not really gotten into it.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">i use limewire and it does the trick...plus it's easy to use

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Agent5556's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have to say that soulseek is not that great. In fact it kind of sucks. You get alot of hits, but no connections. Not to mention all of the great spyware crap you get with it. Stick with MX, which sucks also but the lesser of two evils.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ December 22, 2004 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Agent5556 ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member mmsickboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2003
    Posts
    401
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah KoF, I do CDs for a couple friends and relatives on a regular basis, and anything you might hear on the radio especially, the files are mostly all bad, making it very hard to find good copies. Lucky for me most of the stuff I like doesnt really come near radioplay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •